Sunday, October 10, 2010

So many questions

I lost sight of the future while I stared in your eyes.
I lost all direction, was confused by the lies.
I misplaced myself when you stole my heart.
I pushed you away while I pulled myself apart...

Did I love like I felt or was I confused?
Did you love like you said or was I just used?
Did we have something special or was it just a good tale?
Did you get what you wanted with an ultimate betrayal?
Did I ever make you happy or was I mislead?
Did you mean it when you kissed me or was it all in my head?
Did you have to leave me broken and alone?
Did you need to run away from all we had grown?

I hope it's enough to know that every tear I cry
Is just another piece of our empty goodbye...
So many questions and just enough lies
It's over
It's finished.
Were you ever "that guy"?

2 comments:

  1. As I read this, I actually stopped everything and just absorbed every line... favourite part: "I hope it's enough to know that every tear I cry; Is just another piece of our empty goodbye..."

    I enjoyed and I look forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thank you again for another amazing comment!

    What a great feeling to know that someone can identify with my emotions, no matter how small.

    ReplyDelete