Sunday, October 10, 2010

It's just the way I am

Lying here I wonder
As the moon lights up your face
Could this be the last time?
Will life rip you clean away...
So many days we've shared
So many seconds I could have gazed into your eyes
Took so much for granted
And now in silence here we lie.
I could have said those three words
A million times or more
I chose to leave you guessing
Always left you wanting more.
My heart is a jumble
Of things I wish to say
But now would you listen?
Or would pointless rambles fade away...
Starlight dances off your tears
Formed by broken hearts tonight
I try but can say nothing
I cannot break the curse this time.
You want what I cannot give -
It's just the way I am.
Confusion tears my brain apart
It's just the way I am...
No excuses found this time
You rise and turn away
I watch as dreams are shattered
And do nothing to make you stay
Perhaps they're right
And love is blind,
You chose to love me
And I chose to hide...

No comments:

Post a Comment