Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Thunderstorm

Skies darken...

A deep argumentative rumble begins in the distance.

Clouds gather...

Angry Gods clash swords leaving bright jagged streaks across the grey.
I stand alone as the wind picks up, tugging forcefully at my hair.
Face upward, begging the heavens, i wait...

The damp makes it's way to my lungs, soothing an insatiable burning dryness.

It is time...

I close my eyes and savour the sweetness as the first droplets caress my lips.

A mournful ceremony ensues...

Tears from the sky mix with my own.
The thunderstorm purges it's excess,
Gathered from months of drought.

A renewal unlike any other...

I imitate nature and slowly...

I am cleansed...

1 comment:

  1. Just to let you know. I really like this. very descriptive. Totally 4 thumbs up, if I was a monkey anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete